On Sunday, January 12th, join the Four Freedoms Coalition’s 2020 gathering as we inspire each other to rise up and protect the Four Freedoms proclaimed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt: freedom from want and fear, and freedom of religion and speech, and to stand united against bigotry and prejudice.
Free and open to all. At 1:30pm we will gather at Pittsfield’s City Hall, and then march to the Colonial Theatre.
At 2pm the program begins at the Colonial Theatre, featuring inspiring speakers, including:
- Keynote speaker Senator Edward J. Markey
- Imam Dr. Bilal Ansari of Williams College on Freedom of Religion
- Jenn Smith of the Berkshire Eagle on Freedom of Speech
- Hawk Newsome of Black Lives Matter of Greater New York on Freedom from Fear
- Logan Malik of Berkshire Environmental Action Team on Freedom from Want
And music and dance performers:
- Kids 4 Harmony Elayne P. Bernstein Octet
- Berkshire Hills Chorus
- Paul Green & Benny Kohn
- Jason Ennis & Natalia Bernal
- Wes Buckley & Marisa Massery
Our Master of Ceremonies will be Berkshire Theatre Group artistic director Kate Maguire, and Pittsfield Mayor Linda M. Tyer will welcome us.
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you would like to co-sponsor or volunteer, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
The Four Freedoms Coalition is a non-partisan, diverse coalition of over 150 community groups, non-profit organizations, businesses and elected officials working together to unite the community and reaffirm our true American values, as outlined in President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s landmark Four Freedoms speech. They are:
Freedom from fear
Freedom from want
Freedom of speech
Freedom of religion